- Harder pw encryption. bcrypt?
- Only tested on FBSD
* Should work on other *nix if pw and apache use same hash alg
Document exit codes.
Note ability to repeat command line arguments
Accounts without login permission (pw = '*') automatically suppressed.
- Can be overriden with an explicit command line inclusion: -U | +accountname
- Applies to *all* entries from system and/or included files
- Can be a quoted space-separate list or separate, repeated cmdline entries for each
- Throws away comments and blank lines in included files.
- Does no validation for sanity of included file content.
- Included files read *after* system group/pw databases
* Entry in included file will *replace* system entry
- Can have multiple includes on the command line
- BOGUSID - what it means/how to use
Useful Tricks - Scenarios
- Use *only* external include files
* Set -g and -u so high that no system info is included
* -s flag
- Use *no* files - explicit includes only
* -g 100001 -u 100001 -G .... -U ....